Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Cardinal Health (CAH) Following 1Q
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners maintained an Outperform rating on Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH), and cut the price target to $80.00 (from $95.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Leerink cut EPS estimates for 2017 and 2018 by ~$0.15 and ~$0.20, respectively, due to the headwinds in the Pharmaceutical Division. On the call management stated that in 2Q the Pharma operating profit would likely decline by an amount similar to the amount seen in the 1Q, which was ~(19% y/y).
Analyst David Larsen commented, "Following the earnings call with CAH management, we are incrementally more cautious on the stock. Management indicated that in F2Q:17 earnings in the Pharmaceutical Division would face a y/y decline similar to F1Q:17, and the ability to meet the F2017 guided EPS range of $5.40-$5.60 depends on management's ability to reduce costs in the "Corporate" Division. While we are more cautious on the shares, CAH has beaten consensus EPS in 20 of the past 20 quarters, and we think it is unlikely that further reductions in guidance will be necessary. We reduce our PT to $80 on a slightly lower PE due to market conditions, lower earnings visibility, and our expectation of ongoing pressures in the Pharma Division."
Shares of Cardinal Health closed at $68.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!