Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Cardinal Health (CAH) Following 1Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners maintained an Outperform rating on Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH), and cut the price target to $80.00 (from $95.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. Leerink cut EPS estimates for 2017 and 2018 by ~$0.15 and ~$0.20, respectively, due to the headwinds in the Pharmaceutical Division. On the call management stated that in 2Q the Pharma operating profit would likely decline by an amount similar to the amount seen in the 1Q, which was ~(19% y/y).
Analyst David Larsen commented, "Following the earnings call with CAH management, we are incrementally more cautious on the stock. Management indicated that in F2Q:17 earnings in the Pharmaceutical Division would face a y/y decline similar to F1Q:17, and the ability to meet the F2017 guided EPS range of $5.40-$5.60 depends on management's ability to reduce costs in the "Corporate" Division. While we are more cautious on the shares, CAH has beaten consensus EPS in 20 of the past 20 quarters, and we think it is unlikely that further reductions in guidance will be necessary. We reduce our PT to $80 on a slightly lower PE due to market conditions, lower earnings visibility, and our expectation of ongoing pressures in the Pharma Division."
Shares of Cardinal Health closed at $68.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!