Leerink Maintains Achillion Pharma (ACHN) at 'Market Perform'; Says MAD Study Questions Raised
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink affirms Achillion Pharma (NASDAQ: ACHN) at Market Perform following Q3 results and update issued earlier Thursday.
The firm commented today:
We believe today's stock weakness is related to caution due to ACHN's disclosure of two cases of liver enzyme elevations in the ongoing multiple ascending dose (MAD) Phase I study of ACH-4471. This update was mentioned in the company's 3Q financial results press release, but no conference call was held and we have not yet heard back from the company.
Given the importance of the complement program to ACHN who otherwise is dependent on JNJ (OP) remaining committed to its HCV development program in a deteriorating marketplace, investors are understandably focused on the well being of this program, which we continue to view as high-risk/high-return.
ACHN's 3Q financial press release highlights two patient experiences which are raising some concern. ACHN noted that "to date in the MAD study, ACH-4471 has been generally well tolerated across three dose cohorts (200 mg, 500 mg or 800 mg given every 12 hours) with no treatment-related serious adverse events (SAE) reported. Two cases of self-limited, ALT elevations (Grade 3 and 4) were observed post-treatment in the mid- and high dose groups, respectively, with neither subject exhibiting signs or symptoms of hepatic decompensation. Both subjects' ALT levels normalized without intervention during follow up. Further, no treatment-associated fever or infections were observed. Achillion anticipates announcing interim results from this phase I study in the first half of 2017."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Deutsche Bank Starts Essent Group (ESNT) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!