Leerink Affirms Vertex Pharma (VRTX) at 'Outperform' Following ORKAMBI Approval, Guidance Update
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink affirms Vertex Pharma (Nasdaq; VRTX) at Outperform following ORKAMBI approval news and lowered revenue outlook issued Wednesday night.
Abakyst Geoffrey Porges commented,
At the Leerink Partners Rare Disease Roundtable today we held a fireside chat with Ian Smith, Vertex Pharmaceutical’s CFO, discussing a number of catalysts poised to offset the company’s recent disclosure that US Orkambi sales had slowed during the summer. Immediately following our discussion, the company issued a press release disclosing that the FDA had approved the use of Orkambi in patients ages 6-11. Management also lowered guidance for Orkambi, which is consistent with its recent commentary and our amended model. More importantly, management’s comments at our meeting suggested that indeed “no news is good news” with respect to the triple candidates progressing to phase II. Vertex’s comments also suggest that it will confirm this progression on its 3Q conference call (likely to be October 25 or 26) and then provide further details about the study at the following North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference (NACFC) meeting (October 27-29). Today’s discussion and disclosure continue to support our bullish thesis on the stock – which should benefit from tailwinds as these and other catalysts play out.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!