Leerink Affirms Lilly (LLY) at 'Outperform' with MONARCH 2 Set to Continue
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink affirms Lilly (NYSE: LLY) with an Outperform rating and $105 price target after the company announced that following a pre-planned interim analysis for MONARCH 2, an independent Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) provided the recommendation to continue the study without modification as the interim efficacy criteria were not met.
Analyst Seamus Fernandez commented today,
Importantly, in our follow-up conversation, LLY mgmt confirmed that they would not be filing abemaciclib monotherapy (based on the single-arm MONARCH-1 study) in 3Q this year. They will be in dialogue with the FDA as well as monitoring internal and external data before making a decision on filing. Key data to consider will be the interim analysis for the MONARCH-3 trial (abemaciclib + aromatase inhibitors in 1L HR+/HER2- mBC), expected before the end of 2016.
We recently increased our overall CDK4/6 market size forecast to $13B in 2025, following the impressive data from PFE's (MP) PALOMA-2 study presented at ASCO (LINK). But for LLY's abemaciclib, advancing competition and a less differentiated profile will make an increasing challenging environment when it launches. We are not changing our sales estimate for abemaciclib at this point, pending further evaluation of the space and data presentation from the MONALEESA-2 (NVS [MP]'s ribociclib + letrozole) study.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Approves Boehringer Ingelheim's Jardiance to Reduce Cardiovascular Death in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Lilly Confirms Date and Conference Call for 2017 Financial Guidance Announcement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!