Leerink Affirms Lilly (LLY) at 'Outperform' with MONARCH 2 Set to Continue
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink affirms Lilly (NYSE: LLY) with an Outperform rating and $105 price target after the company announced that following a pre-planned interim analysis for MONARCH 2, an independent Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) provided the recommendation to continue the study without modification as the interim efficacy criteria were not met.
Analyst Seamus Fernandez commented today,
Importantly, in our follow-up conversation, LLY mgmt confirmed that they would not be filing abemaciclib monotherapy (based on the single-arm MONARCH-1 study) in 3Q this year. They will be in dialogue with the FDA as well as monitoring internal and external data before making a decision on filing. Key data to consider will be the interim analysis for the MONARCH-3 trial (abemaciclib + aromatase inhibitors in 1L HR+/HER2- mBC), expected before the end of 2016.
We recently increased our overall CDK4/6 market size forecast to $13B in 2025, following the impressive data from PFE's (MP) PALOMA-2 study presented at ASCO (LINK). But for LLY's abemaciclib, advancing competition and a less differentiated profile will make an increasing challenging environment when it launches. We are not changing our sales estimate for abemaciclib at this point, pending further evaluation of the space and data presentation from the MONALEESA-2 (NVS [MP]'s ribociclib + letrozole) study.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Grants Accelerated Approval to Lilly's (LLY) New Treatment for Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!