Leerink Affirms Celgene (CELG) at 'Market Perform'; Doesn't see Strong Mongersen Phase 2 Data Translating to Phase 3
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink affirms Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG) at Market Perform with a price target of $135 after the company announced interim topline data from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, exploratory phase 1b study evaluating the effects of oral GED-0301 (mongersen) on both endoscopic and clinical outcomes in patients with active Crohn’s disease.
The firm commented,
At baseline, patients with Crohn’s required a SES-CD above 7, but we note the score can range from 0-60, which makes it difficult to calculate the significance of a 25% reduction. The results also described that mongersen produced clinical remission for an undefined number of patients at week 4 using a patient-reported clinical remission endpoint, compared to the 72% rate of remission reported in the previous IGON-1 phase 2 trial that lacked endoscopy confirmation.
In our view, while the drug could be active in some patients, it seems that the impressive data from the previous phase 2 trial will not translate to the phase 3 patient population, or to the real world which mainly consists of patients with active, longstanding, treatment resistant disease, similar to today’s endoscopy trial patients. Importantly, however, the relatively clean safety profile reported from previous studies was apparently maintained in this study. We spoke with Celgene this morning, and the company stated that there would be no changes to ongoing and planned phase 3 trials as a result of this analysis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Says Synergy's (SGYP) Trulance Low Incidence of Side Effects the Key Differentiator
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!