Leerink Affirms Celgene (CELG) at 'Market Perform'; Doesn't see Strong Mongersen Phase 2 Data Translating to Phase 3
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG) at Market Perform with a price target of $135 after the company announced interim topline data from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, exploratory phase 1b study evaluating the effects of oral GED-0301 (mongersen) on both endoscopic and clinical outcomes in patients with active Crohn’s disease.
The firm commented,
At baseline, patients with Crohn’s required a SES-CD above 7, but we note the score can range from 0-60, which makes it difficult to calculate the significance of a 25% reduction. The results also described that mongersen produced clinical remission for an undefined number of patients at week 4 using a patient-reported clinical remission endpoint, compared to the 72% rate of remission reported in the previous IGON-1 phase 2 trial that lacked endoscopy confirmation.
In our view, while the drug could be active in some patients, it seems that the impressive data from the previous phase 2 trial will not translate to the phase 3 patient population, or to the real world which mainly consists of patients with active, longstanding, treatment resistant disease, similar to today’s endoscopy trial patients. Importantly, however, the relatively clean safety profile reported from previous studies was apparently maintained in this study. We spoke with Celgene this morning, and the company stated that there would be no changes to ongoing and planned phase 3 trials as a result of this analysis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Discusses Biogen (BIIB) Seizure Patient
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- Celgene (NASDAQ: CELG): Triple Threat To Revlimid Becomes More Tangible - BMO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!