Leerink Affirms Celgene (CELG) at 'Market Perform'; Doesn't see Strong Mongersen Phase 2 Data Translating to Phase 3
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG) at Market Perform with a price target of $135 after the company announced interim topline data from a randomized, double-blind, multicenter, exploratory phase 1b study evaluating the effects of oral GED-0301 (mongersen) on both endoscopic and clinical outcomes in patients with active Crohn’s disease.
The firm commented,
At baseline, patients with Crohn’s required a SES-CD above 7, but we note the score can range from 0-60, which makes it difficult to calculate the significance of a 25% reduction. The results also described that mongersen produced clinical remission for an undefined number of patients at week 4 using a patient-reported clinical remission endpoint, compared to the 72% rate of remission reported in the previous IGON-1 phase 2 trial that lacked endoscopy confirmation.
In our view, while the drug could be active in some patients, it seems that the impressive data from the previous phase 2 trial will not translate to the phase 3 patient population, or to the real world which mainly consists of patients with active, longstanding, treatment resistant disease, similar to today’s endoscopy trial patients. Importantly, however, the relatively clean safety profile reported from previous studies was apparently maintained in this study. We spoke with Celgene this morning, and the company stated that there would be no changes to ongoing and planned phase 3 trials as a result of this analysis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!