Leerink Affirms Aurinia Pharma (AUPH) at 'Outperform' Following Voclosporin; Says Pipeline Remains Promising
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink reiterates Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: AUPH) at Outperform with a price target of $7 after the company announced that in addition to voclosporin (23.7 mg BID) achieving its primary endpoint of Complete Remission (CR) at 24 weeks, both doses of voclosporin when added to the current standard of care of Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) and a forced oral corticosteroid taper have met all 24-week pre-specified secondary endpoints vs the control group.
Analyst Joseph P. Schwartz commented today,
This morning Aurinia Pharmaceuticals hosted an event to discuss add'l data supporting that Voclosporin has been shown to be safe and effective throughout its clinical development. The event highlighted that Voclosporin achieved all pre-specified secondary endpoints in the phase 2b AURA-LV study of lupus nephritis (LN) and that the pattern of patient deaths highlights the burden of this disease rather than reason for concern regarding Voclosporin's regulatory approval. This update provides incremental support of the strong topline efficacy data reported last month.
There are two crucial outstanding questions that investors are waiting to hear addressed: 1) whether AUPH will enroll patients in their Ph 3 trial from areas with similarly compromised access to healthcare and 2) how many additional trials, of what size and duration, are necessary before filing for Voclosporin approval is prudent. Mgmt. noted that they will aim to minimize enrolling patients at the greatest risk of near-term death in subsequent trials but also that showing efficacy and safety in a representative Asian patient population is critical for garnering approval and rapid uptake in the Japanese market. Regarding trial sizing and duration, the breadth of likely outcomes we foresee are that AUPH will run 1-2 additional trials with either 24 or 48 week endpoints but we await further guidance from the company.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!