Leerink Affirms Alder BioPharma (ALDR) at 'Outperform'; Says Patent Issues Far From Over
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink reaffirms Alder BioPharma (Nasdaq: ALDR) at Outperform with a price target of $41 after the company updated on its CGRP patent spat with Teva Pharma.
The firm commented Tuesday:
ALDR shares have been under pressure the last few trading sessions, and today the company issued an 8-k stating that the European Patent Office (EPO) issued a ruling revoking all claims in their competitor TEVA's patent relating to CGRP antagonist antibodies (a positive for ALDR) but maintaining and narrowing claims relating to the use of CGRP antagonist antibodies in human therapy to the prevention or treatment of headache such as migraine and cluster headache (a negative for ALDR). The persistence of the headache claims has concerned investors, but we spoke with ALDR who believes the saga is far from over in the EU, or moreover in the US. The written decision of the ruling and its logic is expected within a few weeks, at which point it will be possible to draw firmer conclusions but our early thoughts are as follows.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!