Leerink Affirms Alder BioPharma (ALDR) at 'Outperform'; Says Patent Issues Far From Over
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink reaffirms Alder BioPharma (Nasdaq: ALDR) at Outperform with a price target of $41 after the company updated on its CGRP patent spat with Teva Pharma.
The firm commented Tuesday:
ALDR shares have been under pressure the last few trading sessions, and today the company issued an 8-k stating that the European Patent Office (EPO) issued a ruling revoking all claims in their competitor TEVA's patent relating to CGRP antagonist antibodies (a positive for ALDR) but maintaining and narrowing claims relating to the use of CGRP antagonist antibodies in human therapy to the prevention or treatment of headache such as migraine and cluster headache (a negative for ALDR). The persistence of the headache claims has concerned investors, but we spoke with ALDR who believes the saga is far from over in the EU, or moreover in the US. The written decision of the ruling and its logic is expected within a few weeks, at which point it will be possible to draw firmer conclusions but our early thoughts are as follows.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Generics File Against New Teva Pharma (TEVA) Copaxone 40MG Patent - Evercore ISI
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!