L-3 Communications (LLL) Named Top Defense Pick at JPMorgan; Rating Upgraded to 'Overweight'
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 9:22 AM EDT)
JPMorgan upgraded L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $182.00 (from $158.00). Analyst Seth M. Seifman said the stock stands out for upside potential given FCF growth and a reasonable valuation. The stock is JPMorgan's top defense pick.
"The 5% FCF CAGR we project for LLL through 2020 is second best among our defense stocks and yet its ~13x multiple on 2017 FCF is lowest in the group," said Seifman.
"Moreover, LLL’s FCF yield of 7.8% on 2017 is low relative to the market (5.4%) and to other industrial stocks (typically ~6%). LLL’s ~130% cash conversion ratio makes it more expensive on P/E and so we only assume a FCF yield just above 7% for our target. Operationally, we assume 2% annual organic growth and 100+ bps of cumulative margin expansion through 2018 to a reasonable 11%+. Moreover, unlike LMT, NOC, and RTN, pension is a cash tailwind through decade-end. LLL’s turnaround is already underway and the stock has returned 25% YTD vs mid-teens appreciation for our other defense stocks. But with further FCF growth and a reasonable valuation we still see nice upside," added the analyst.
Shares of L-3 Communications closed at $146.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!