L Brands (LB): Survey Data Shows VS On Top - Mizuho
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Betty Chen, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of L Brands (NYSE: LB) after conducting a survey of 1,011 U.S. women on their recent bra (including bralette) purchases and future buying plans.
The study reaffirmed Victoria’s Secret’s dominant position in overall bra purchases as well as a leading position in the current bralette trend. VS has been criticized for being late to the crowded bralette marketplace, our survey shows VS maintains dominant share in both traditional, constructed bras as well as in the emerging bralette segment. Over 45% of respondents owned a VS bra, giving the brand the #1 spot, 20 pts ahead of its closest competitor. While we noticed a more divergent list of bralette competitors, 30% of women surveyed still purchased a bralette from VS, while Hanes was a distant #2 with 11% share. Importantly, VS’ share was even more exaggerated amongst Millennials (aged 18-29), suggesting continued brand relevance.
No change to the price target of $85.
Shares of L Brands closed at $75.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!