Kura Oncology (KURA): Positive Phase II Data on tipifarnib - Oppenheimer
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Michelle Gibson, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Kura Oncology (NASDAQ: KURA) after the company announced positive topline results from a Phase 2 study of tipifarnib in advanced HRAS-mutant solid tumors. In the cohort comprising patients with non-hematologic malignancies other than thyroid cancer (n=11), two PRs were observed, both in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomas ("H&N", n=3). Kura will now begin enrolling an additional seven patients into the cohort, per trial protocol.
The analyst stated "We view this data as validating Kura's HRAS hypothesis for tipifarnib as a single-agent to inhibit HRAS-mediated MAPK-activation. Follow-up data is expected in 2017 (potentially ASCO), and we will be looking for further clarity on HRAS' role in these tumors, including as a driver-oncogene. We note, however, that tipifarnib's mechanism in HRAS is distinct from other indications (CMML, PTCL, MDS) being evaluated".
No change to the price target of $16.00
Shares of Kura Oncology closed at $4.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- CSX (CSX) Activist Rumblings Should Put Upward Pressure on Shares, Says Deutsche Bank
- Kura Oncology (KURA) Begins Dosing in Phase 2 Study of Tipifarnib in Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!