Kura Oncology (KURA): Positive Phase II Data on tipifarnib - Oppenheimer
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Michelle Gibson, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Kura Oncology (NASDAQ: KURA) after the company announced positive topline results from a Phase 2 study of tipifarnib in advanced HRAS-mutant solid tumors. In the cohort comprising patients with non-hematologic malignancies other than thyroid cancer (n=11), two PRs were observed, both in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomas ("H&N", n=3). Kura will now begin enrolling an additional seven patients into the cohort, per trial protocol.
The analyst stated "We view this data as validating Kura's HRAS hypothesis for tipifarnib as a single-agent to inhibit HRAS-mediated MAPK-activation. Follow-up data is expected in 2017 (potentially ASCO), and we will be looking for further clarity on HRAS' role in these tumors, including as a driver-oncogene. We note, however, that tipifarnib's mechanism in HRAS is distinct from other indications (CMML, PTCL, MDS) being evaluated".
No change to the price target of $16.00
Shares of Kura Oncology closed at $4.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- BMO Capital Reiterates Market Perform on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!