Kura Oncology (KURA): Positive Phase II Data on tipifarnib - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Michelle Gibson, reiterated her Outperform rating on shares of Kura Oncology (NASDAQ: KURA) after the company announced positive topline results from a Phase 2 study of tipifarnib in advanced HRAS-mutant solid tumors. In the cohort comprising patients with non-hematologic malignancies other than thyroid cancer (n=11), two PRs were observed, both in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomas ("H&N", n=3). Kura will now begin enrolling an additional seven patients into the cohort, per trial protocol.
The analyst stated "We view this data as validating Kura's HRAS hypothesis for tipifarnib as a single-agent to inhibit HRAS-mediated MAPK-activation. Follow-up data is expected in 2017 (potentially ASCO), and we will be looking for further clarity on HRAS' role in these tumors, including as a driver-oncogene. We note, however, that tipifarnib's mechanism in HRAS is distinct from other indications (CMML, PTCL, MDS) being evaluated".
No change to the price target of $16.00
Shares of Kura Oncology closed at $4.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!