Kroger (KR): Good Risk Reward Into Analyst Day - Guggenheim
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Guggenheim analyst, John Heinbockel, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Kroger (NYSE: KR) ahead of the company's annual analyst meeting.
KR's analyst meeting is being hosted in Cincinnati this week and is likely to be focused on how an increasingly rapid pace of strategic change should enable the 8-11% secular EPS growth target to be sustained in a modest inflationary climate. That said, the analyst is not expecting guidance for 2017 given ongoing deflationary uncertainties.
The analyst likes the shares' risk/reward and this remains his Best Idea but he acknowledges that patience will be required. He stated that "The bottom line is that with EPS unlikely to fall below $2, downside appears to be $30ish while upside, assuming a clear improvement in deflation, could be at least $36-37 by this time next year, in our view".
price target of $40.00
Shares of Kroger closed at $31.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger (KR) Declares $0.12 Quarterly Dividend; 1.4% Yield
- DA Davidson Downgrades Inventure Foods (SNAK) to Neutral, Predicts Company Won't Exist In Current Form Come June 2017
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!