Kraft Heinz (KHC): Trimming Estimates But Still Above Street - RBC
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ: KHC) but trimmed EPS estimates to reflect slightly weaker baseline sales trends in the US and higher dairy and coffee prices, partially offset by lower beef and pork prices.
That said, the analyst's estimates remain above consensus in 2017 and 2018 on the belief that the company's cost savings and revenue management programs will continue to deliver rapid margin and EPS growth—and ultimately pave the way to further M&A upside.
2016 and 2017 EPS estimates drop from $3.22, and $3.97 to $3.20 (+46% YOY; cons. $3.23), and $3.94 (+23% YOY; cons. $3.90). The analyst's reduced forecasts reflects 1) a modest deceleration in US scanner trends (base sales down 2.5% in 3Q versus down 2% in 2Q) and 2) higher input costs.
No change to the price target of $96 which is 22.5x 2018 EPSe of $4.27.
Shares of Kraft Heinz Company closed at $88.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!