Kite Pharma (KITE): ZUMA-1 Data Creates First Mover Advantage - Stifel
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Thomas Shrader, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) after the company released topline data from ZUMA-1 that were considerably better than the standard of care (SOC) with a CR rate of 52% relative to the current SOC (salvage chemotherapies) that would be expected to yield a CR rate of about 8%.
The analyst sees these results as above the expected bar for approval - which physicians familiar with these patients set at about a CR rate of 25%. That being said, it looks like early days in the use of these cells as about of the 25% patients that initially achieve a CR loose their responses within three months (durable-CR rate of 39%). These pseudo-CRs seem to be the low hanging fruit in upcoming efforts to improve the efficacy of KTE-019 and more experienced treaters may be able to close this gap over time. Most importantly, Kite should now enjoy a significant first mover advantage as we expect this learning process to occur in the commercial setting using Kite’s product.
No change to the price target of $74.
Shares of Kite Pharma closed at $54.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!