Kite Pharma (KITE): Reiterating Buy Ahead of ZUMA-1 Study - Stifel
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst, Thomas Shrader, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) ahead of top-line data from the interim analysis of the ZUMA-1 study, due by the end of the month.
The analyst noted that conversations with clinicians that treat these patients suggest that a CR rate above 25% would be impressive and highly approvable. Conventional salvage chemotherapy in these patients would be expected to produce a CR rate of around 8%.
Based on the first seven patients treated, Kite has reported a CR rate of 57%. The analyst believes that expecting to keep up this pace might be unrealistic and he would view a CR rate of 40% (five times current SOC) to be exciting despite being lower than earlier-stage studies conducted in single centers where no physician learning curve was involved.
No change to the price target of $74.
Shares of Kite Pharma closed at $55.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kite Pharma (KITE): ZUMA-1 Data Creates First Mover Advantage - Stifel
- Leerink Affirms Aurinia Pharma (AUPH) at 'Outperform' Following Voclosporin; Says Pipeline Remains Promising
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Veeva Systems (VEEV) Following Analyst Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!