Kite Pharma (KITE): FDA Official's Personal View On CAR-T Therapy - Jefferies
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Biren Amin, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) after attending an industry meeting focused on CAR-T, and having an opportunity to hear and speak with a FDA medical officer on her personal views on CAR-T therapy.
The analyst states that the duration of response for CD19 CAR-T is a greater focus than response rates and that she would like to observe greater than 6 months duration of response. On safety, she seems comfortable by CD19 CAR-T's profile given it has been well-characterized and patients/sites know what to expect.
The analyst stated "One question that will surround the data is which patients generate a better response - primary refractory or patients who have relapsed within a year of stem cell transplant. The FDA official at this point could not provide her views on this discussion and would like to see data from each cohort".
The analyst emphasized that the FDA medical officer's statements are not the official position of FDA and are her personal views as opposed to FDA consensus. No change to the price target of $72.
Shares of Kite Pharma closed at $57.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maxim Group Maintains Bullish View on Kite Pharma (KITE) Amid First BLA for CAR-T
- Jefferies Maintains Bullish View on Ra Pharma (RARX) Following ASH Management Meeting
- Jefferies Maintains Bullish View on Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) Following Encouraging ASH Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!