Kite Pharma (KITE): FDA Official's Personal View On CAR-T Therapy - Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Biren Amin, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) after attending an industry meeting focused on CAR-T, and having an opportunity to hear and speak with a FDA medical officer on her personal views on CAR-T therapy.
The analyst states that the duration of response for CD19 CAR-T is a greater focus than response rates and that she would like to observe greater than 6 months duration of response. On safety, she seems comfortable by CD19 CAR-T's profile given it has been well-characterized and patients/sites know what to expect.
The analyst stated "One question that will surround the data is which patients generate a better response - primary refractory or patients who have relapsed within a year of stem cell transplant. The FDA official at this point could not provide her views on this discussion and would like to see data from each cohort".
The analyst emphasized that the FDA medical officer's statements are not the official position of FDA and are her personal views as opposed to FDA consensus. No change to the price target of $72.
Shares of Kite Pharma closed at $57.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!