KeyCorp (KEY): Despite Beat, Revenue And Cost Synergies Still Not In The Numbers - Wedbush
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Peter Winter, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) and raised his price target to $16 from $15 after the company reported EPS of $0.16 from continuing operations, including $0.14 in merger charges for First Niagara (FNFG). The merger closed on August 1 and Core EPS of $0.30 beat the analyst's EPS estimate and consensus of $0.26. The $0.04 beat was driven by a lower tax rate ($0.02 benefit) and lower non-interest expenses ($0.02 benefit).
KEY is confident it will exceed its cost savings target of $400 million, resulting in a 300 bp improvement in the efficiency ratio and 200 bp increase in ROTCE. Not included in the analyst's forecast is the potential to realize $300 million in revenue synergies, incurring roughly $100 million in costs to implement. This will take 3 to 5 years to be at full run-rate.
Shares of KeyCorp closed at $13.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!