KeyBanc Upgrades SM Energy (SM) to Overweight
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KeyBanc upgraded SM Energy (NYSE: SM) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $40. The company recently announced an agreement to acquire assets in the Permian.
"We are upgrading shares of SM following a rather transformative expansion in the Permian Basin in which it paid $980M for 25K net acres and 4,900 BOED in Howard County, which has emerged as another core area of the Midland Basin. SM had discussed on its 2Q16 earnings conference call that it was evaluating deals in the Permian and that it was interested in improving the overall quality of the Company's inventory, which we believe was accomplished with this acquisition. The ability to increase its allocation of capital to the Permian going forward should improve the overall returns profile of the Company, while driving oil production, margins and cash flow higher," said analyst Chris Stevens.
Shares of SM Energy closed at $30.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- SoftBank's $50B U.S. Investment News Likely Precusor to Spint (S)/T-Mobile (TMUS)/Dish (DISH) Merger - Oppenheimer
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!