KeyBanc Upgrades SM Energy (SM) to Overweight
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
KeyBanc upgraded SM Energy (NYSE: SM) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $40. The company recently announced an agreement to acquire assets in the Permian.
"We are upgrading shares of SM following a rather transformative expansion in the Permian Basin in which it paid $980M for 25K net acres and 4,900 BOED in Howard County, which has emerged as another core area of the Midland Basin. SM had discussed on its 2Q16 earnings conference call that it was evaluating deals in the Permian and that it was interested in improving the overall quality of the Company's inventory, which we believe was accomplished with this acquisition. The ability to increase its allocation of capital to the Permian going forward should improve the overall returns profile of the Company, while driving oil production, margins and cash flow higher," said analyst Chris Stevens.
Shares of SM Energy closed at $30.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Toro (TTC) to Buy
- KLR Group Upgrades Sanchez Energy (SN) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!