KeyBanc Upgrades SM Energy (SM) to Overweight
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc upgraded SM Energy (NYSE: SM) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $40. The company recently announced an agreement to acquire assets in the Permian.
"We are upgrading shares of SM following a rather transformative expansion in the Permian Basin in which it paid $980M for 25K net acres and 4,900 BOED in Howard County, which has emerged as another core area of the Midland Basin. SM had discussed on its 2Q16 earnings conference call that it was evaluating deals in the Permian and that it was interested in improving the overall quality of the Company's inventory, which we believe was accomplished with this acquisition. The ability to increase its allocation of capital to the Permian going forward should improve the overall returns profile of the Company, while driving oil production, margins and cash flow higher," said analyst Chris Stevens.
Shares of SM Energy closed at $30.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!