KeyBanc Upgrades Fossil (FOSL) to Overweight
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc upgraded Fossil (NASDAQ: FOSL) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $42. Analyst Edward Yruma noted momentum in wearables.
"We believe that strong momentum in wearables can continue, we peg it at a $175M-$225M opp over the next 12 mos, and move to OW. We downgraded FOSL to UW on 1/10/14 based on our thesis that watches were in a period of secular weakness. Earnings fell from $7.10 (2013) to $2.05 (2016E). However, we believe that FOSL is approaching a key sales inflection point. 0.7x EV/sales remains close to trough levels, establish a $42 PT," said Yruma.
"We conducted over 150 checks and consistent with the FOSL/KORS earnings calls, reception to the new wearables remains very strong. Standouts include the Rose Gold KORS Bradshaw ($350) and the Gunmetal (Smoke) FOSL Marshal ($315). We now believe that wearables can drive $175M-$225M in rev, which could drive $0.50+ in EPS. For context, Fitbit (SW; Erickson) should do approximately $2.4B in rev, and Apple (OW; Hargreaves) $4.3B in Apple Watch sales. We raise our FOSL 2016E EPS to $2.05. LT, we think wearables could be a $1B+ opportunity," added the analyst.
Shares of Fossil closed at $32.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!