KeyBanc Upgrades Fossil (FOSL) to Overweight
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
KeyBanc upgraded Fossil (NASDAQ: FOSL) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $42. Analyst Edward Yruma noted momentum in wearables.
"We believe that strong momentum in wearables can continue, we peg it at a $175M-$225M opp over the next 12 mos, and move to OW. We downgraded FOSL to UW on 1/10/14 based on our thesis that watches were in a period of secular weakness. Earnings fell from $7.10 (2013) to $2.05 (2016E). However, we believe that FOSL is approaching a key sales inflection point. 0.7x EV/sales remains close to trough levels, establish a $42 PT," said Yruma.
"We conducted over 150 checks and consistent with the FOSL/KORS earnings calls, reception to the new wearables remains very strong. Standouts include the Rose Gold KORS Bradshaw ($350) and the Gunmetal (Smoke) FOSL Marshal ($315). We now believe that wearables can drive $175M-$225M in rev, which could drive $0.50+ in EPS. For context, Fitbit (SW; Erickson) should do approximately $2.4B in rev, and Apple (OW; Hargreaves) $4.3B in Apple Watch sales. We raise our FOSL 2016E EPS to $2.05. LT, we think wearables could be a $1B+ opportunity," added the analyst.
Shares of Fossil closed at $32.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Offers FY17 Outlook; Provides Expectations for 2020
- Credit Suisse Upgrades HollyFrontier (HFC) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!