KeyBanc Starts Wal-Mart (WMT) at Overweight
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KeyBanc initiated coverage on Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) with an Overweight rating and a price target of $90. Analyst Edward Yruma thinks shares are poised to inflect positively.
"Walmart’s investments in store experience, e-commerce and eventually price are helping drive sustainable market share gains, and we think earnings are poised to inflect positively. The Company has posted positive comps for eight consecutive quarters, which validates recent investments. We think that the Company can opportunistically use price investments as a lever to drive the targeted incremental $45B-$60B in sales over a three-year period," said Yruma.
The analyst added, "We believe that Walmart can return to both revenue and EBITDA growth consistently in 2017 after six consecutive quarters of EBIT compression. The Company will begin to cycle its labor investment and we think that comps are poised to accelerate. Our proprietary Key First Look dataset points to continued traffic strength, which is particularly important given that traffic has been roughly 70% of the comp increase over the past eight quarters."
Shares of Wal-Mart closed at $71.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Microsemi (MSCC) Will Be 'Solid Target' Once Leverage is Lower, Says RBC
- FBR Capital Raises price Target on Gentex Corp (GNTX) to $22
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!