KeyBanc Sees Lear's (LEA) Equity interest in Tempronics as Negative for Gentherm (THRM)
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc maintained a Sector Weight rating on Gentherm Incorporated (NASDAQ: THRM). Earlier Lear Corporation (NYSE: LEA) announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Tempronics, pursuant to which Lear obtained a minority equity interest in Tempronics and also secured exclusive rights to its thermoelectric seat heating and cooling technology for automotive applications. Analyst Brett D. Hoselton views this news as a "materially negative" read through to Gentherm.
Hoselton explained, "We believe investors should view LEA's minority equity interest in Tempronics, and LEA's exclusive rights to its thermoelectric seat heating and cooling technology, as a materially negative read through to THRM as we think: 1) revenue growth outlook of 10%+ remains overly optimistic; 2) margin implications from the second largest customer having more sourcing options could be negative to ASPs; and 3) it is increasingly clear THRM's CCS products are less proprietary and less advanced."
The analyst added, "THRM's 10%+ organic revenue growth target long term continues to look overly optimistic to us as its second largest customer is likely to become less reliant on their technologies. In 2015, LEA represented 22% of THRM's revenue. We have yet to hear back from LEA's IR and haven't formed an opinion on whether or not all of the LEA revenue is at risk longer term as a result of this agreement. That said, one should assume a significant portion of THRM's revenues from LEA are at risk over the next production cycle."
Shares of Gentherm Incorporated closed at $33.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Greenhill & Co. (GHL) to $17; Reiterates Sell
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!