KeyBanc Downgrades Orbital Sciences (ORB) to Hold
- Weak oil pulls Wall Street off record highs; Fed meet eyed
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/25: (S) (SPHS) (NPTN) Higher; (TBRA) (STRP) (TCCO) Lower
- Verizon (VZ) Enters Agreement to Acquire Yahoo's (YHOO) Operating Business in $4.8B Deal
- Outerwall (OUTR) Enters $1.6B Merger Agreement (APO)
- The Axe on Apple (AAPL) Expects Earnings To Be A Non-Event
KeyBanc downgraded Orbital Sciences (NYSE: ORB) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst Michael F. Ciarmoli said, "Tuesday morning, Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK NYSE) and Orbital Sciences Corporation (ORB-NYSE) announced plans to enter into a definitive agreement in a merger of equals deal that would create a new publicly traded aerospace and defense entity named Orbital ATK, which will trade under the ticker OA. In addition to the merger of equals, ATK is spinning off its sporting group segment into a new publicly traded entity that will be entirely focused on the sporting, shooting, and outdoor sports markets.
"Based on our initial pro-forma analysis of each new publicly traded company, we believe the new ATK Outdoor sporting entity will carry a per share valuation in the range of $100-$110," he added.
Shares of Orbital Sciences closed at $30.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Micron (MU) Poison Pill Introduces Possibility of Potential Acquisition - Mizuho
- Raymond James Downgrades FLIR Systems, Inc. (FLIR) to Outperform
- Verizon (VZ) Said Nearing Deal to Acquire Yahoo! (YHOO)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!