KeyBanc Downgrades Orbital Sciences (ORB) to Hold
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
KeyBanc downgraded Orbital Sciences (NYSE: ORB) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst Michael F. Ciarmoli said, "Tuesday morning, Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK NYSE) and Orbital Sciences Corporation (ORB-NYSE) announced plans to enter into a definitive agreement in a merger of equals deal that would create a new publicly traded aerospace and defense entity named Orbital ATK, which will trade under the ticker OA. In addition to the merger of equals, ATK is spinning off its sporting group segment into a new publicly traded entity that will be entirely focused on the sporting, shooting, and outdoor sports markets.
"Based on our initial pro-forma analysis of each new publicly traded company, we believe the new ATK Outdoor sporting entity will carry a per share valuation in the range of $100-$110," he added.
Shares of Orbital Sciences closed at $30.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xilinx (XLNX), Maxim (MXIM) Other Chip Stocks on Watch on NXP (NXPI) M&A Headlines
- UPDATE: Spotify said in Advanced Talks to Acquire SoundCloud - FT (AAPL) (TWTR)
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Akebia Therapeutics (AKBA) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!