KeyBanc Downgrades Orbital Sciences (ORB) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
KeyBanc downgraded Orbital Sciences (NYSE: ORB) from Buy to Hold.
Analyst Michael F. Ciarmoli said, "Tuesday morning, Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK NYSE) and Orbital Sciences Corporation (ORB-NYSE) announced plans to enter into a definitive agreement in a merger of equals deal that would create a new publicly traded aerospace and defense entity named Orbital ATK, which will trade under the ticker OA. In addition to the merger of equals, ATK is spinning off its sporting group segment into a new publicly traded entity that will be entirely focused on the sporting, shooting, and outdoor sports markets.
"Based on our initial pro-forma analysis of each new publicly traded company, we believe the new ATK Outdoor sporting entity will carry a per share valuation in the range of $100-$110," he added.
Shares of Orbital Sciences closed at $30.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&W Seed (SANW) to Buy DuPont Pioneer's Alfalfa Production and Research Facility Assets
- CommerceHub to Acquire Mercent (LVNTA) (LVNTB)
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!