KeyBanc Downgrades Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to Sector Weight
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc downgraded Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) from Overweight to Sector Weight and removed its price target. Analyst Jessica Schmidt said channel checks point to increased promotions.
"Channel checks point to increased promotions, still overstored teen space, tepid consumer and continued tourist headwinds, which will likely make an already difficult turnaround even more complicated; we downgrade the stock to SW," said Schmidt.
"Our proprietary promotional database and channel checks suggest that promotions at Abercrombie and, to a lesser extent, Hollister are up from last year. We think these promotions, combined with continued headwinds from the overstored teen space, soft consumer demand and ongoing weakness in tourism will likely keep NT earnings under pressure," added the analyst.
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $16.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesKeyBanc, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!