KeyBanc Cuts AK Steel (AKS), U.S. Steel (X), and Olympic Steel (ZEUS) to Underweight; Steel Dynamics (STLD) Lowered to Sector Weight
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KeyBanc downgraded AK Steel (NYSE: AKS), U.S. Steel (NYSE: X), and Olympic Steel (NASDAQ: ZEUS) from Sector Weight to Underweight with price targets of $4, $18, and $21, respectively. Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ: STLD) was downgraded to Sector Weight from Overweight and its price target was removed.
Analyst Philip Gibbs said he sees increasing risks in the U.S. sheet market.
The analyst explained, "Following our 3Q “Sheet on the Street” Survey and market analysis, we are incrementally cautious on U.S. carbon sheet market prospects given further slowing in demand momentum and added 4Q supply risks, including stronger imports and a second new potential U.S. HRC producer. A weakened prospective supply-demand balance should place further pressure on already sliding U.S. carbon sheet prices and supports our view of a more competitive backdrop in '17 (with added risks). We now believe '17 will represent peak U.S. carbon sheet cyclical demand, supporting HRC pricing below average '16 levels. U.S. carbon sheet-intensive equities should experience forward multiple compression vs. current realities."
Shares of AK Steel closed at $5.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!