KeyBanc Cuts AK Steel (AKS), U.S. Steel (X), and Olympic Steel (ZEUS) to Underweight; Steel Dynamics (STLD) Lowered to Sector Weight
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KeyBanc downgraded AK Steel (NYSE: AKS), U.S. Steel (NYSE: X), and Olympic Steel (NASDAQ: ZEUS) from Sector Weight to Underweight with price targets of $4, $18, and $21, respectively. Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ: STLD) was downgraded to Sector Weight from Overweight and its price target was removed.
Analyst Philip Gibbs said he sees increasing risks in the U.S. sheet market.
The analyst explained, "Following our 3Q “Sheet on the Street” Survey and market analysis, we are incrementally cautious on U.S. carbon sheet market prospects given further slowing in demand momentum and added 4Q supply risks, including stronger imports and a second new potential U.S. HRC producer. A weakened prospective supply-demand balance should place further pressure on already sliding U.S. carbon sheet prices and supports our view of a more competitive backdrop in '17 (with added risks). We now believe '17 will represent peak U.S. carbon sheet cyclical demand, supporting HRC pricing below average '16 levels. U.S. carbon sheet-intensive equities should experience forward multiple compression vs. current realities."
Shares of AK Steel closed at $5.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!