KLR Group Upgrades SM Energy (SM) to Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KLR Group upgraded SM Energy (NYSE: SM) from Accumulate to Buy with a price target of $43.00 (from $37.00).
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are upgrading SM from Accumulate to Buy and increasing our target price $6 to $43 due to the accretive impact of greater Midland Basin focus manifest in the Howard County acquisition partially offset by the substantive component of equity financing. The company’s capital intensity should improve ~5%, while oil-directed capital spending increases ~2%. Further, SM’s mid-cycle (’18) capital yield (cash recycle ratio) is now positive at ~110% (industry median ~125%) and therefore no longer warrants an incrementally lower equity discount rate."
Shares of SM Energy closed at $31.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!