KLR Group Raises Price Target on SM Energy (SM) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on SM Energy (NYSE: SM), and raised the price target to $59.00 (from $53.00), as the company places more concentration in the Midland Basin. SM is acquiring ~35,700 net acres in Howard/Martin Counties in the Midland Basin ~$1.6 billion, comprising ~$1.1 billion in cash and 13.4 million common equity shares valued at ~$500 million.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our target price $6 to $59 per share following greater development concentration in the Midland Basin and full value for the Williston Basin divestiture. The company’s mid-cycle capital yield is ~120% versus the industry median cash recycle ratio of ~125%. Prior to the recent Howard County acquisitions, SM’s capital yield was slightly less than 100%."
Shares of SM Energy closed at $39.37 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!