KLR Group Raises Price Target on Rice Energy (RICE) to $41 Following Recent Acquisition
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Rice Energy (NYSE: RICE), and raised the price target to $41.00 (from $37.00), following the company's recent acquisition of Vantage Energy.
Analyst Gail Nicholson commented, "We are increasing our target price $4 to $41 per share following the recent acquisition of Vantage Energy and the increase in our drilling tempo forecast partly offset by the equity issuance. RICE is acquiring Vantage for ~$2.7 billion (includes assumption of debt) consisting of ~$1.72 billion cash and ~$980 million of equity issued to Vantage's sponsors. The company ascribed ~$2.1 billion of value to the E&P assets and ~$600 million to the midstream (~30 miles of dry gas gathering pipeline, ~7,100 horsepower of compression, ~313 MMcfpd of throughput in 1H/16 and should generate $40-$50 million of EBITDA in '17), which is being acquired by Rice Midstream Partners (RMP, $24.26, NR). To fund the cash portion of the acquisition, RICE priced 46 million shares (includes over allotment), at ~$25.50 for total gross proceeds of ~$1.17 billion, including the shares issued to Vantage RICE shares outstanding increased ~54%."
Shares of Rice Energy closed at $26.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!