KLR Group Raises Price Target on Diamondback Energy (FANG) to $136; Reiterates Buy
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
KLR Group Buy Diamondback Energy (NASDAQ: FANG) price target of $139.00 (from $126.00) after adjusting estimates. FANG announced 3Q volumes of ~44.9 MBoepd, ~16% higher than ~38.6 MBoepd estimates. There is no change to KLR's 2H16 completion tempo expectation of ~50 wells. However, due to strong well performance KLR did increase 2016 volume outlook by ~8% to ~42.3 MBoepd.
Analyst Gail Nicholson commented, "Following our model adjustments, FANG generates a mid-cycle ('18+) capital yield of 205%+, up from 195%+ previously and significantly higher than the group median of ~125%. FANG is one of our favorite mid-cap names in the E&P sector, offering exposure to the Midland and Delaware Basins with the ability to grow into a large-cap company driven by further acreage delineation and acceleration of its drilling tempo (applying a large cap equity discount rate to our model could add an incremental $16 to our target price). While the company does trade at an elevated EV/EBITDA vs. other oil-dominant names ('17 EV/EBITDA of ~12x vs. ~8.6x) in our coverage universe, we believe the higher multiple is warranted due to the company's superior capital yield, growth (CAGR '16-'18 of ~27% vs. the oil-dominant median of ~10%), and stellar balance sheet ('16 net-debt-to-EBITDA of ~1.1x vs. the oil-dominant median of ~3.3x)."
Shares of Diamondback Energy closed at $105.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Facebook (FB) Q4 Estimates, PT Raised At Jefferies
- Yahoo (YHOO) Wasn't Great But It Was Better Than We Feared - Cantor Fitzgerald
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!