KLR Group Raises Price Target on Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to $10; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK), and raised the price target to $10.00 (from $9.00). Next year, Chesapeake plans to conduct a four-rig program in the Anadarko Basin, three-rig programs respectively in the Eagle Ford and Haynesville, and a two-rig program in the Utica. Year-to-date, Chesapeake has generated almost $1 billion of net asset divestiture proceeds and plans to achieve up to $2 billion of net asset sale proceeds by year end.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our CHK target price $1 to $10 per share due to an approximate 4% higher oil composition given greater development emphasis in the Anadarko Basin. Our ’17 production expectation of ~569 Mboepd (~551 Mboepd net of Haynesville/Devonian divestitures) is in the upper half of pro forma company guidance (532-562 Mboepd)."
Shares of Chesapeake Energy closed at $6.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!