KLR Group Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Following Deepwater GOM Assets Acquisition
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $93.00 (from $85.00), following an accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (NYSE: FCX) deepwater GOM assets. The acquired properties include a 100% operated interest in the Holstein, Horn Mountain and Marlin production facilities.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our APC target price $8 to $93 per share due to the accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (FCX, $9.94, NR) deepwater GOM assets and subsequent increase in capital spending given the incremental liquidity provided by the acquired assets. Specifically, Anadarko plans to increase ’16 capital spending ~$200 million with the addition of two rigs respectively in the Delaware and DJ Basin, in line with our expectation. Incrementally, we are increasing capital spending in ’18 by $300 million and by $600 million per annum thereafter given the liquidity provided by the acquired assets. The equityfinanced acquisition is approximately 10% accretive to ’17 CFPS and should increase ’17 EBITDA by ~$1.06 billion. Our '17 oil production growth expectation of ~14% is ~2% above company guidance (10%-12%)."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $57.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!