KLR Group Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Following Deepwater GOM Assets Acquisition
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $93.00 (from $85.00), following an accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (NYSE: FCX) deepwater GOM assets. The acquired properties include a 100% operated interest in the Holstein, Horn Mountain and Marlin production facilities.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our APC target price $8 to $93 per share due to the accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (FCX, $9.94, NR) deepwater GOM assets and subsequent increase in capital spending given the incremental liquidity provided by the acquired assets. Specifically, Anadarko plans to increase ’16 capital spending ~$200 million with the addition of two rigs respectively in the Delaware and DJ Basin, in line with our expectation. Incrementally, we are increasing capital spending in ’18 by $300 million and by $600 million per annum thereafter given the liquidity provided by the acquired assets. The equityfinanced acquisition is approximately 10% accretive to ’17 CFPS and should increase ’17 EBITDA by ~$1.06 billion. Our '17 oil production growth expectation of ~14% is ~2% above company guidance (10%-12%)."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $57.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises price Target on Worthington Industries (WOR) to $42 Following Solid 1Q
- UBS Cuts AT&T (T) to Neutral on Lower EPS Estimates
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!