KLR Group Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Following Deepwater GOM Assets Acquisition
- Wall Street rises as tech, discretionary stocks gain
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/27: (GI) (DRRX) (KTOV) Higher; (CVM) (CZR) (AOI) Lower
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil down 3 percent on fading hopes for output deal in Algiers
- Dollar gains against euro on Deutsche Bank fears, falls vs Mexican peso
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $93.00 (from $85.00), following an accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (NYSE: FCX) deepwater GOM assets. The acquired properties include a 100% operated interest in the Holstein, Horn Mountain and Marlin production facilities.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our APC target price $8 to $93 per share due to the accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (FCX, $9.94, NR) deepwater GOM assets and subsequent increase in capital spending given the incremental liquidity provided by the acquired assets. Specifically, Anadarko plans to increase ’16 capital spending ~$200 million with the addition of two rigs respectively in the Delaware and DJ Basin, in line with our expectation. Incrementally, we are increasing capital spending in ’18 by $300 million and by $600 million per annum thereafter given the liquidity provided by the acquired assets. The equityfinanced acquisition is approximately 10% accretive to ’17 CFPS and should increase ’17 EBITDA by ~$1.06 billion. Our '17 oil production growth expectation of ~14% is ~2% above company guidance (10%-12%)."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $57.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Raises Price Target on SYNNEX Corp. (SNX) to $104 Following 3Q Beat and Raise
- UBS Raises Price Target on Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) Following Investor Day
- Credit Suisse Downgrades J.M. Smucker (SJM) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!