KLR Group Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Following Deepwater GOM Assets Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KLR Group reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $93.00 (from $85.00), following an accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (NYSE: FCX) deepwater GOM assets. The acquired properties include a 100% operated interest in the Holstein, Horn Mountain and Marlin production facilities.
Analyst John Gerdes commented, "We are increasing our APC target price $8 to $93 per share due to the accretive $2 billion acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan’s (FCX, $9.94, NR) deepwater GOM assets and subsequent increase in capital spending given the incremental liquidity provided by the acquired assets. Specifically, Anadarko plans to increase ’16 capital spending ~$200 million with the addition of two rigs respectively in the Delaware and DJ Basin, in line with our expectation. Incrementally, we are increasing capital spending in ’18 by $300 million and by $600 million per annum thereafter given the liquidity provided by the acquired assets. The equityfinanced acquisition is approximately 10% accretive to ’17 CFPS and should increase ’17 EBITDA by ~$1.06 billion. Our '17 oil production growth expectation of ~14% is ~2% above company guidance (10%-12%)."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $57.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!