KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Added to Credit Suisse Focus List
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse analyst Farhan Ahmad added KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ: KLAC) to its Focus List, while reiterating in Outperform rating and price target of $85.00.
Ahmad commented, "We reiterate our view that KLAC is very attractive in near term given upside to estimates – our C2H16/CY17 EPS are 10%/7% above Street. Post meetings and calls with investors over last couple of weeks, we walked away with greater conviction that stock is already pricing in the breakup of proposed LRCX merger, and we see significant interest in KLAC from investors. In this note we try to address the three main pushbacks we got from investors: (i) Threat from EBeam – we think Gen 5 will take share from Ebeam inspection. (ii) Sustainability of Foundry Capex – 28nm CapEx from China could be a growth driver in 2018. (iii) Downside in Breakup and Valuations – we believe stock is already pricing in merger and see potential for multiple expansion."
Shares of KLA-Tencor closed at $69.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) Following Announced Eagle Ford Shale Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Definitive Agreement, Credit Suisse US Focus List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!