KLA-Tencor (KLAC): Raising PT to $86 - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Edwin Mok, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ: KLAC) and increased the price target to $86 from $84 after KLAC reported strong F1Q17 (Sep) results and provided higher F2Q17 (Dec) guidance.
The analyst believes the report confirms the growth thesis on KLAC, which is based on strong adoption of new products and growth in foundry/logic. Management sounded upbeat on foundry demand in CY17 as both leading and trailing edge customers adopted its improved product portfolio.
Beyond foundry, strong memory orders in the Dec quarter confirm improving memory demand coupled with increased process control intensity, particularly at 1Xnm DRAM.
KLAC continues to show industry-leading margins, and coupling with our expectation for revenue to outgrow WFE in CY2017, the analyst expects the stock's multiple to expand back to historical ranges. We reiterate our Buy and raise our to $86 from $84.
Shares of KLA-Tencor closed at $71.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!