Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Shares to Reflect 'Increased Level of Uncertainty' - Leerink
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Michael Schmidt weighed in on Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ: JUNO) after the company announced that it placed the pivotal "ROCKET" trial of JCAR015 in adult patients with relapsed or refractory B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) on a clinical hold after 2 additional patients died due to treatment associated toxicities.
Schmidt commented, "This is a clear blow for JUNO who recently re-started the trial after modification of the treatment protocol (LINK) intended to lower the risk for treatment-related toxicity.... On an investor conference call this morning, mgmt. noted that it is investigating potl. factors that could have caused these toxicities, but noted that the issue could be multifactorial including the specific disease setting, the drug product (JCAR105) or the patients' pre-treatment. Mgmt. also noted the high treatment-related mortality in r/r ALL with standard of care chemotherapy treatment of 11-23% and pointed out that trials and plans for its other CD19-directed CAR T cell product candidates, including JCAR017, are not affected. JUNO plans to update at an Analyst Presentation at ASH in the next few weeks."
He added, "We expect JUNO shares (and to a smaller degree those of competitors) to reflect an increased level of uncertainty, but remain positively biased on the CAR-T category in general."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Presents Update of Key Data from Studies of CAR T Cell Product Candidates at ASH
- Roth Capital Affirms Heat Biologics (HTBX) at 'Buy' Following HS-110 Combo Data
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!