Juno Therapeutics (JUNO): Cutting PT By 25% - Leerink
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Michael Schmidt, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ: JUNO) but cut his price target to $34 from $45 following news last week that the pivotal ROCKET trial of JUNO's JCAR015 product candidate in adult acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) has (again) been placed on a clinical hold due to safety concerns.
JUNO was able to resume the trial rather quickly following a clinical hold earlier this year but now the future of this program is increasingly uncertain as JUNO mgmt. is trying to better understand the therapeutic window of JCAR015. This raises the question of whether the company moved into a pivotal trial too fast.
That said, the analyst thinks JUNO's next-gen antiCD19 CAR-T product JCAR017 represents the main value driver for the company and it holds the promise to differentiate with potential utility in pediatric and adult (ALL), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), as well as lymphoma/diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
Pivotal trials in lymphoma are expected to initiate in 2017 pending a key update from the ongoing Ph I study at ASH which could validate JUNO’s approach. The analyst thinks it's possible that JCAR017 ultimately replaces JCAR015 in adult ALL based on more promising data generated there with JCAR014 (which is similar to JCAR017).
Shares of Juno Therapeutics closed at $23.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Eldorado Resorts (ERI) Ahead of Acquisition
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!