Juno Situation Has Little Impact on Kite Pharma's (KITE) Ongoing ZUMA1 Pivotal Trial - Stifel
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Thomas Shrader weighed in on Kite Pharma (NASDAQ: KITE) after rival Juno Therapeutics has again placed the ROCKET trial on clinical hold following patient deaths due to cerebral edema. The firm reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $74 on KITE, saying this reinforces Kite's R&D focus. They believe this situation has little impact on the ongoing ZUMA1 pivotal trial.
Shrader commented, "The Juno conference call focused on the likely role of killing too many tumor cells too fast in an attempt to cure as many patients as possible. Juno management commented that this killing speed limit is most obvious for adult ALL patients (those in ROCKET), less obvious in pediatric ALL and CLL and even less of a problem in aggressive NHL (DLBCL, a more solid and fibrous tumor where cell killing is likely the slowest). For Kite, we believe this situation has little impact on the ongoing ZUMA1 pivotal trial in which 101 patients have received cells with a single death considered treatment related (hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis – a systemic immune reaction likely initiating in the liver). Juno had initially believed these deaths were related to the use of FLU in the conditioning regimen but a change in protocol to remove FLU did not resolve this issue. All in all, we believe this situation reinforces what was already fairly clear: CAR-T cells produce remarkable responses in desperate patients likely reflecting “cure”, but the optimal use of these therapies is still being worked out."
Shares of Kite Pharma closed at $51.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Parkway Properties (PKY) to Hold
- FBR Capital Remains Sidelined on Comerica (CMA) Following 4Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) - PT to $47
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!