Jefferies Upgrades Zions Bancorp (ZION) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies upgraded Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ: ZION) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45.00 (from $41.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We upgrade ZION to Buy (from Hold), with earnings also set to benefit more vs. peers from both higher short-term rates and a lower Federal tax rate (34% effective tax rate in ’16). Our published EPS estimates of $2.35 and $2.75 in '17 and '18, respectively, are also 3%-5% above the consensus mean, driven by higher net interest income and lower operating expenses."
Shares of Zions Bancorp closed at $39.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!