Jefferies Upgrades US Steel (X) to Buy Following Trump Win
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies upgraded US Steel (NYSE: X) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $26.00 following Trump victory.
Seth Rosenfeld commented, "The US steel industry should stand out as a unique beneficiary of a Trump presidency. Protectionism will significantly rise; the US is already short steel, and falling imports will improve domestic pricing power. In addition, increased infrastructure spend may significantly boost demand for long steel products. Steel price momentum has recently emerged and should extend further into 2017."
"We upgrade X to Buy as steel price momentum builds moving into 2017, utilisation rates benefit from falling imports and O&G demand hits a trough," he added.
Shares of US Steel closed at $20.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perrigo Co. (PRGO): Cutting Estimates After Management Meeting - Jefferies
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $99 at Jefferies Following 2Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!