Jefferies Upgrades U.S. Bancorp (USB) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies upgraded U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $57.00 (from $48.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We like USB for its consistent earnings performances, diversified income streams, and goldilocks positioning (large scaled businesses, but not a G-SIB level bank). We believe its post-election relative valuation understates its best-in-class return on equity. USB should benefit from higher rates and a lower Federal tax rate, but to a lesser extent vs. its peers. However, we believe this dynamic is already reflected in shares, which have underperformed its peer group by 9% since the election (+9% for USB vs. +18% for largecap banks). If new pro-growth policies help spending trends and U.S. GDP, USB’s payments businesses (16% of revs.) should benefit directly. Additionally, pension costs could benefit in ’17 if long-term rates continue to move higher through year-end. As of 12/31/15, a 100bp increase in the pension discount rate could boost net income by 1%."
Shares of U.S. Bancorp closed at $49.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!