Jefferies Upgrades U.S. Bancorp (USB) to Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies upgraded U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $57.00 (from $48.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We like USB for its consistent earnings performances, diversified income streams, and goldilocks positioning (large scaled businesses, but not a G-SIB level bank). We believe its post-election relative valuation understates its best-in-class return on equity. USB should benefit from higher rates and a lower Federal tax rate, but to a lesser extent vs. its peers. However, we believe this dynamic is already reflected in shares, which have underperformed its peer group by 9% since the election (+9% for USB vs. +18% for largecap banks). If new pro-growth policies help spending trends and U.S. GDP, USB’s payments businesses (16% of revs.) should benefit directly. Additionally, pension costs could benefit in ’17 if long-term rates continue to move higher through year-end. As of 12/31/15, a 100bp increase in the pension discount rate could boost net income by 1%."
Shares of U.S. Bancorp closed at $49.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!