Jefferies Upgrades Tech to Overweight (XLK)
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies upgraded the Information Technology sector from Market Weight to Overweight following a strong earnings season.
Strategist Steven DeSanctis highlighted:
- The second quarter reporting season was solid for the sector with nearly five times as many earnings beats than misses.
- Even though overall valuations are stretched, the group looks reasonable with four of the six measures we track trading below their long-term averages.
- The revision ratio remains strong with more upward revisions than downward and 2016's earnings and sales estimates seem awfully low so we can expect to see lots of beats going forward.
- If the Fed finally raises rates in December, this group will benefit.
- M&A activity is running at a record pace in small caps and over 30% of all deals are occurring in this sector. We think this trend continues.
Technology Select Sector Spdr Fund (NYSE: XLK)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Re-Values Hilton Worldwide (HLT) Following Spin-Offs & Reverse Stock Split
- Jefferies Upgrades Cimarex Energy (XEC) to Hold
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, ETFs, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!