Jefferies Upgrades Schlumberger (SLB) to Buy; Raises Estimates on Margin Story
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies upgraded Schlumberger (NYSE: SLB) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $96.00 as they give more credit to SLB's margins.
Analyst Brad Handler commented, "We believe SLB's margin experience is supportive of company guidance of 65% incremental margins with recovery and we raise our 2018E EPS to $4.15 from $3.80 (16% above Consensus). Further, although our revenue growth by region is only modestly higher than peers, largely due to the aforementioned deepwater view, we think it is reasonable to imagine that SPM initiatives and the 19 acquired companies since 2013 have raised that revenue growth potential."
He added, "SLB is trading at 14x our 2017E EBITDA and 9x 2018E versus the prior cycle fwd-12-month average of 9.4x. However, with our outlook for a near tripling of EBITDA from 2017 to 2020 and for >$9 EPS and >$7/share of FCF in 2020, we see room for 2018 multiples to push higher."
Shares of Schlumberger closed at $78.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!