Jefferies Upgrades Commercial Metals Company (CMC) to Buy Following Trump Win
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies upgraded Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $20.00 following Trump victory.
Analyst Seth Rosenfeld commented, "The US steel industry should stand out as a unique beneficiary of a Trump presidency. Protectionism will significantly rise; the US is already short steel, and falling imports will improve domestic pricing power. In addition, increased infrastructure spend may significantly boost demand for long steel products. Steel price momentum has recently emerged and should extend further into 2017."
He added, "We upgrade CMC to Buy as the largest beneficiary of increased US infrastructure investment (construction is 52% of mix) and with increased hopes for an alleviation of rebar import pressure."
Shares of Commercial Metals Company closed at $16.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q; Reiterates Hold
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!