Jefferies Upgrades BHP Billiton to Buy (BBL) (BHP)
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 23, 2016 9:24 AM EDT)
Jefferies upgraded BHP Billiton (NYSE: BBL) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $33. Analyst Christopher LaFemina highlighted fundamental improvements in mining and company-specific factors.
"We had been cautious on the miners due to weak demand, ongoing supply growth, stretched balance sheets, and a lack of FCF for most mining companies. However, demand has stabilized, supply is declining in most cases, balance sheets have strengthened due to FCF and asset sales, and valuations are inexpensive. Fundamentals have clearly improved. For some miners (BHP and FMG in particular), company-specific factors are helping as well," said LaFemina.
"We upgrade BHP ('18 EV/EBITDA of 5.0x, FCF yield of 9.5%) from Hold to Buy on valuation, commodity exposure (iron ore lump and met coal), and better than expected free cash flow growth potential," added the analsyt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!