Jefferies Starts Marathon Petroleum (MPC) at Buy, MPLX LP (MPLX) at Hold
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Analyst Corey Goldman commented, "MPC boasts a diverse portfolio of premier midstream & downstream energy assets, including its controlling ownership in MPLX, a large-cap diversified MLP. While recent fundamental factors tethered to MPC's R&M segment prompted shares to underperform, we believe its diversified business model presents a favorable risk/reward skew. However, with limited NT catalysts, we view MPLX's valuation as full. Accordingly, we initiate Buy on MPC & Hold on MPLX."
Shares of Marathon Petroleum closed at $41.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Microsoft (MSFT): Still Grossly Overvalued - Jefferies
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!