Jefferies Starts GrubHub Inc. (GRUB) at Hold; Offers Transparency to Complex Business
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies starts Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) with a Hold rating and $43 price target.
Analyst David Reynolds commented today,
With the move into RDS and a distinct lack of transparency, this initiation breaks through the complexity. We see three key business segments, 'Corporate', 'NY Consumer' and conclude the move into RDS makes sense when the third, 'US Consumer', ex-delivery is growing at only c.10% 15/18 CAGR. Ultimately, the US market opportunity seems less attractive than the UK.
GRUB’s financial disclosure is in many ways reasonable, but in comparison with its key listed peer, the UK’s Just Eat (JE), it is poor. One significant difference is that JE splits the income statement into four business segments, advancing investor understanding of the equity thesis, GRUB does not, hampering understanding.
JE, a relevant peer, but very different. Online marketplaces not so common in the US; JE one of a number that are listed in the UK. Aside from the reality that the UK online takeaway food market is demonstrably more attractive than the US, as we see in our consumer survey, JE is a little different. JE addresses 12 geographies, has invested more aggressively in both capex and M&A, maintains higher growth and drives margin accretion hard.
RDS investment, reviving the US Consumer. And further, the deteriorating revenue growth profile within US Consumer (ex RDS) catalysing the decision to invest into RDS. And while the majority of growth is acquired, we see the RDS businesses delivering a +91% 15/18 revenue CAGR, albeit not passing through breakeven until 2018 on our numbers.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Chardan Capital Markets Starts Clovis Oncology (CLVS) at 'Sell' With Price Target of $15
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!