Jefferies Starts Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) at Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies initiates coverage on Autoliv, Inc. (NYSE: ALV) with a Buy rating and a price target of $112.00.
Analyst Ashik Kurian commented, "We like the near term growth prospects of ALV’s passive safety business and see further upside potential from the fall out of the Takata airbag recall issue. We do not share market’s increased pessimism of ALV’s active safety business. Autoliv’s Achilles heel of lack of operating leverage should improve post 2017, at a time when leverage is likely to be less stellar for other auto suppliers. With the valuation froth having come off over the last 6 months and with a more realistic 2017 margin expectation, we expect Autoliv to outperform its supplier peers in a slowing production growth environment. Autoliv has the unique combination of strong growth in a fairly mature portfolio of passive safety and thus has a strong free cash flow potential. We expect upside to 2017 margin expectations from FX transaction tailwind and also positive news flow around the Takata bid situation to be positive catalysts."
Shares of Autoliv, Inc. closed at $102.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Downgrades Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) to Hold
- Barclays Upgrades Southwestern Energy (SWN) to Equalweight
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!