Jefferies Starts Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) at Buy
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies initiates coverage on Autoliv, Inc. (NYSE: ALV) with a Buy rating and a price target of $112.00.
Analyst Ashik Kurian commented, "We like the near term growth prospects of ALV’s passive safety business and see further upside potential from the fall out of the Takata airbag recall issue. We do not share market’s increased pessimism of ALV’s active safety business. Autoliv’s Achilles heel of lack of operating leverage should improve post 2017, at a time when leverage is likely to be less stellar for other auto suppliers. With the valuation froth having come off over the last 6 months and with a more realistic 2017 margin expectation, we expect Autoliv to outperform its supplier peers in a slowing production growth environment. Autoliv has the unique combination of strong growth in a fairly mature portfolio of passive safety and thus has a strong free cash flow potential. We expect upside to 2017 margin expectations from FX transaction tailwind and also positive news flow around the Takata bid situation to be positive catalysts."
Shares of Autoliv, Inc. closed at $102.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Maintains Bullish View on Ra Pharma (RARX) Following ASH Management Meeting
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!