Jefferies Sees No Read-Through to The Medicines Company (MDCO) PCSK9 from Alnylam Setback
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated his Buy rating and $43 price target on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) saying Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) set back has no read-through to the company's PCSK9 Program.
Amin commented, "ALNY announced that revusiran was stopped due to lack of a treatment benefit w/ an imbalance of deaths favoring the revusiran arm over placebo. The imbalance was not tx-related. As a result of ALNY's update, MDCO provided a safety update on ALN-PCSsc in which it reported no imbalances to date on peripheral neuropathy, liver toxicity, renal toxicity, and mortality from its 501-patient ORION-1 study. Data from this trial are expected at AHA on Nov 15."
MDCO last traded down 10.4% in pre-open trade to $34.50.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!