Jefferies Sees No Read-Through to The Medicines Company (MDCO) PCSK9 from Alnylam Setback
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated his Buy rating and $43 price target on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) saying Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) set back has no read-through to the company's PCSK9 Program.
Amin commented, "ALNY announced that revusiran was stopped due to lack of a treatment benefit w/ an imbalance of deaths favoring the revusiran arm over placebo. The imbalance was not tx-related. As a result of ALNY's update, MDCO provided a safety update on ALN-PCSsc in which it reported no imbalances to date on peripheral neuropathy, liver toxicity, renal toxicity, and mortality from its 501-patient ORION-1 study. Data from this trial are expected at AHA on Nov 15."
MDCO last traded down 10.4% in pre-open trade to $34.50.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!