Jefferies Sees No Read-Through to The Medicines Company (MDCO) PCSK9 from Alnylam Setback
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Biren Amin reiterated his Buy rating and $43 price target on The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) saying Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) set back has no read-through to the company's PCSK9 Program.
Amin commented, "ALNY announced that revusiran was stopped due to lack of a treatment benefit w/ an imbalance of deaths favoring the revusiran arm over placebo. The imbalance was not tx-related. As a result of ALNY's update, MDCO provided a safety update on ALN-PCSsc in which it reported no imbalances to date on peripheral neuropathy, liver toxicity, renal toxicity, and mortality from its 501-patient ORION-1 study. Data from this trial are expected at AHA on Nov 15."
MDCO last traded down 10.4% in pre-open trade to $34.50.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Positive Thesis 'Intact' Following FTC Settlement - Guggenheim
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Oil States International (OIS) at Hold
- Tutor Perini Corporation (TPC) PT Raised to $35.00 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!