Jefferies Sees Limited Impact for PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) After Sarepta's Eteplirsen was Approved
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wang commented, "Understandably, mgmt will be seeking additional interactions with the FDA. In fact, the company had already filed an appeal to the FDA in 2Q16 (link). Eteplirsen approval could pressure the FDA to reconsider the review progress of ataluren, although we think the final outcome would likely remain the same."
The analyst notes although PTCT’s ataluren is considered safe, the FDA approval of eteplirsen is mainly based on the marginal increase of dystrophin level while PTCT does not have any dystrophin data from Ph3.
The firm maintained a Hold rating price target of $7.00
Shares of PTC Therapeutics closed at $10.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Gena Wang
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!