Jefferies Sees Limited Impact for PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) After Sarepta's Eteplirsen was Approved
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wang commented, "Understandably, mgmt will be seeking additional interactions with the FDA. In fact, the company had already filed an appeal to the FDA in 2Q16 (link). Eteplirsen approval could pressure the FDA to reconsider the review progress of ataluren, although we think the final outcome would likely remain the same."
The analyst notes although PTCT’s ataluren is considered safe, the FDA approval of eteplirsen is mainly based on the marginal increase of dystrophin level while PTCT does not have any dystrophin data from Ph3.
The firm maintained a Hold rating price target of $7.00
Shares of PTC Therapeutics closed at $10.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on The Priceline Group (PCLN) Ahead of 3Q Report
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Gena Wang
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!