Jefferies Sees Limited Impact for PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) After Sarepta's Eteplirsen was Approved
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Oil rises on weaker dollar, Saudi commitment to cut output
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wang commented, "Understandably, mgmt will be seeking additional interactions with the FDA. In fact, the company had already filed an appeal to the FDA in 2Q16 (link). Eteplirsen approval could pressure the FDA to reconsider the review progress of ataluren, although we think the final outcome would likely remain the same."
The analyst notes although PTCT’s ataluren is considered safe, the FDA approval of eteplirsen is mainly based on the marginal increase of dystrophin level while PTCT does not have any dystrophin data from Ph3.
The firm maintained a Hold rating price target of $7.00
Shares of PTC Therapeutics closed at $10.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) to Underweight
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades PPL Corp (PPL) to Sell
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Gena Wang
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!