Jefferies Sees Limited Impact for PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) After Sarepta's Eteplirsen was Approved
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After Near-Term Outperformance, Barclays Sees Apple (AAPL) Shares Flat from Here
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wang commented, "Understandably, mgmt will be seeking additional interactions with the FDA. In fact, the company had already filed an appeal to the FDA in 2Q16 (link). Eteplirsen approval could pressure the FDA to reconsider the review progress of ataluren, although we think the final outcome would likely remain the same."
The analyst notes although PTCT’s ataluren is considered safe, the FDA approval of eteplirsen is mainly based on the marginal increase of dystrophin level while PTCT does not have any dystrophin data from Ph3.
The firm maintained a Hold rating price target of $7.00
Shares of PTC Therapeutics closed at $10.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises price Target on Worthington Industries (WOR) to $42 Following Solid 1Q
- Valeant Pharma (VRX), Other Pharma Stocks Weaker as Clinton Op-Ed Discusses Measures on Drug Prices
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Gena Wang
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!