Jefferies Sees Limited Impact for PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) After Sarepta's Eteplirsen was Approved
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wang commented, "Understandably, mgmt will be seeking additional interactions with the FDA. In fact, the company had already filed an appeal to the FDA in 2Q16 (link). Eteplirsen approval could pressure the FDA to reconsider the review progress of ataluren, although we think the final outcome would likely remain the same."
The analyst notes although PTCT’s ataluren is considered safe, the FDA approval of eteplirsen is mainly based on the marginal increase of dystrophin level while PTCT does not have any dystrophin data from Ph3.
The firm maintained a Hold rating price target of $7.00
Shares of PTC Therapeutics closed at $10.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Discusses Biogen (BIIB) Seizure Patient
- New Bill Suggests GSE Reform is Forthcoming (FNMA) (FMCC)
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Gena Wang
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!