Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Target (TGT) Following 3Q - PT to $75
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Target (NYSE: TGT), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Electronics & entertainment underperformed, but Q3 improved with new product introductions. Pharmacy scripts in the CVS business at Target continue to run below initial expectations, but are starting to show signs of improvement with increased marketing.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Today’s EPS beat off low expectations drew a rally in the shares, but mgmt. still needs to figure out how to solve its traffic problem and the imbalance between signature categories and the rest of the store. Food & consumables pricing remains intense while deflation continues to amplify problems. Meanwhile, we think a swing in electronic comps could show meaningful improvement in comps in Q4, albeit lower margin."
Shares of Target closed at $76.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!