Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Target (TGT) Following 3Q - PT to $75
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Target (NYSE: TGT), and raised the price target to $75.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Electronics & entertainment underperformed, but Q3 improved with new product introductions. Pharmacy scripts in the CVS business at Target continue to run below initial expectations, but are starting to show signs of improvement with increased marketing.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Today’s EPS beat off low expectations drew a rally in the shares, but mgmt. still needs to figure out how to solve its traffic problem and the imbalance between signature categories and the rest of the store. Food & consumables pricing remains intense while deflation continues to amplify problems. Meanwhile, we think a swing in electronic comps could show meaningful improvement in comps in Q4, albeit lower margin."
Shares of Target closed at $76.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!